Ads

Protein powder in overnight oats

Hi all,

I've cleaned up my eating this year and lost ~3.5+ stone (53lb/24kg) but I'm feeling weak recently and achy. Not low in energy (I guess my age could be playing a part I recently hit 40)

I'm going to request a blood test just to be sure but I've tracked for a couple of days and I think I'm a bit low on protein.

Generally I eat 2 large meals a day maybe a lighter lunch or more often a late night snack.

Breakfast is Generally overnight oats

Oats

Milk

Full fat yoghurt

Seeds (chia flax and poppy)

Frozen mixed berries (Strawberries raspberry Redcurrants and blueberries)

Tiny bit of honey

I was thinking that because my breakfast is pretty consistent I might add in some protein powder. I was initially reluctant because I'd rather eat whole real food but thought this might be a good quick easy solution that doesn't add many caloroes (I'm less focused on loss at the min far more bothered about maintaining and health)

My question then is has anyone done this - I've had a quick look and I'd need to make the protein up in the milk before adding to the oats but what protein powder would be best? Ideally I want something cheap to try initially.

Any other advice?

submitted by /u/munday97
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/1wzr1lx/protein_powder_in_overnight_oats/

Comments

Ads