Ads

Just needed a place to share :)

Hi! Sorry if these kind of rants/advice seeking isn’t allowed, just needed a place to vent a bit

For context, I’m 23F, about 5’7”, currently now 240lbs

Back when I was a kid/teenager, I had struggled with a very bad binge eating problem. I would every night, without fail, eat probably an extra 750-1000 calories after dinner. It got to the point where my parents tried to lock the fridge and pantry every night. (But of course, chubby lil me would sneak into their room and get the keys ๐Ÿ˜‚) Looking back, I think it might have had to do with untreated/undiagnosed ADHD since food gave such a big dopamine rush. Anyways, I ended up at my heaviest weight of 280lbs in 2023, when I was 20 years old.

I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes in December of ‘23. My A1C was 9.0, and my kidneys were leaking protein badly. I decided then that I couldn’t let my body be destroyed this early in my life, so I started trying to lose weight and eat better. I cut out sugary sodas, juices, refined carbs, etc as to not spike my blood sugar and also to aid in losing weight. I did intermittent fasting 16:8 to help give some structure to stop the binging. I really didn’t do too much extra exercise surprisingly, other than I played ice hockey about once a week and walked around my community collage campus to get to class.

By October of 2024, I was down to 200lbs. Yay! I was extremely happy with my body (I had very low self esteem from being heavier) But then, while I was at my first semester of my 4-year uni, my dad suddenly passed away that October. It was such a whirlwind of things I won’t even begin to get into. I was able to keep the weight off during that time after he passed, until the following March (2025). I had recently entered a new relationship and started putting on some relationship weight (about 10-15lbs, but i wasn’t too concerned since I still felt great and liked the way I looked still.)

I hovered at around 215lbs from May of 2025, to about February of this year. My weight has just exploded since then, and I really have no idea why. My partner came to visit in May for 2 months (we’re long distance) and I gained 20lbs in those 2 months. I’m not even really sure how. We still ate relatively healthy, and I wasn’t binging again or anything. I definitely loosened up on my strict eating habits from when I was losing weight, but I still stay away from sugary stuff or refined carbs. So, I’m assuming it could just be the volume of food changed.

I’m now back up to 240lbs, and I feel so defeated. I put in so much work to lose 80lbs, just to gain half back. I’ve gone up a couple pants sizes, I feel so much more sluggish, and self esteem is starting to go down again. I’m wanting to get back on the wagon, but my attempts so far haven’t been fruitful.

I’ve tried fasting again, but I think my schedule now makes it a little difficult to do that. I will admit, I’ve become a snacker recently which is my achilles heel. I had to move back home from uni after my dad passed, and I’m doing online school right now so I’m also a lot less active. I try to get out for walks when I can, and am going to hopefully buy a walking pad so I can walk no matter what the weather is like.

If anything, I think I’m just looking for some encouragement and maybe some advice on how to get the weight to come off again and get back on that wagon. I know that if I could do it once, I can do it again— it’s just the getting started part that’s hard. I’m hoping to maybe get down to 215ish by the start of the new year if that’s even possible or healthy, I’m not sure.

Thank you for reading, and letting me share my story here :)

submitted by /u/keanuelea
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/1wyvclb/just_needed_a_place_to_share/

Comments

Ads