My whole life, Ive been struggling with my weight and always feeling chubby. There was a point in high school where I was doing really good and I got my first girlfriend around that time too. She broke up with me right before high school ended. Now I just started college and I feel like no one likes me because Im not attractive and don't look lean. It feels like every guy in college is lean and well built and I want the same so I can be confident in myself. The first couple weeks of college I actually lost some weight and noticed a difference but I am now right back to where I was before and I just feel perpetually stuck.
For context Im a 19M who is 5"7, 150 lbs. Back when I felt good about myself in early high school, I was 135 lbs. I think my goal weight is like 140 lbs. Im writing this after just completely gorging myself on dessert and feeling so terrible about it and that I need to make a change.
Im considering going back to calorie counting and buying a food scale, but I remember how painful it was and how it took all the joy out of eating but I think I need to do it because im really bad at realizing how many calories Im eating.
I try to go to the gym 3 times a week where I run at 7MPH for 15 minutes, and then weight lift for an hour, but I think I need to be getting a good amount of exercise every day in order to actually lose some weight but I dont know if I can be consistent with that.
I have been trying recently to eat slower and set my fork down after each bite, which kind of helps, but I just never feel satisfied no matter how much I eat it seems and then I just end up snacking.
I thought biking to class would make me a lot healthier, but it doesnt seem to have much of an effect on my weight because I just eat so much compared to my friends.
I also have not been getting the proper amount of sleep recently. I have been going to bed at 1 AM most nights and waking up at 8 or 6 on days when I have early classes.
Ive been trying to buy mostly healthy foods since moving away from home like fruits and nuts so that I don't have the temptation as bad, but I really really like bread and always have a loaf of sourdough. I also have one or two things in my kitchen that are not healthy and I eat them like crazy like ice cream.
It feels so hard to be encouraged because Ive gone through this cycle probably a 100 times throughout my life where I get upset late at night and tell myself im gonna make a change, just to completely abandon it by day 2 when it becomes too uncomfortable.
What can I do to finally conquer my last bit of fat? Is calorie counting with a food scale a good idea or will that just burn me out? Should I stick to trying to go to the gym 3 times a week or do I need to be going to the gym or running every day? I just watched a video and the guy in it said one thing that helped him feel full was eating a big breakfast with lots of protein which is something I don't currently do because usually Im rushing to classes in the morning. Should I try making time for a big breakfast with protein in the morning and see how that goes and then make my dinners lighter? Any advice or just motivation would be really appreciated because I really wanna finally break free of this cycle now that Im in college.
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/1wvnjz0/how_do_i_finally_conquer_my_last_bit_of_fat_to/
Comments
Post a Comment