Ads

Weightloss plateau when i'm more locked in than ever

Hi! I need your help and experiences please because i am spiraling.

So for context, I have VERY well acquainted with the fitness/dieting/gym world. I know exactly how a calorie deficit works. My only problem throughout the past years that has kept me from reaching my weightloss goals wasn't lack of knowledge, just my discipline/consistency. I currently weigh 64.5-65kg (????) and my highest weight was 75kg, I have lost these 10kg throughtout the past 2 years, this year being much more consistent.

My problem right now is i am having a weight plateau like i've never had before and it's making me spiral. My goal is to finish my goal (55kg) by christmas/end of this year and this was totally doable if I locked in, and I started a new locked in cut phase in august, after a more lenient summer period, so basically i had to lose 10kg in a bit less than 5months - doable right? specially if i'm consistent.
BUT it's been almost 4 weeks of seeing barely any progress even tho i am being so strict and consistent, more than ever! It literally makes me want to cry because i told myself i was going to just do it with no excuses, and i feel like i am, but getting almost no results.

I do 10k steps a day with at least 90% consistency, on my 2 rest days sometimes closer to 6-8k but then once i week i usually get up to 20k. I follow a 4day gym split where i train heavy to keep my muscle while losing fat and get 30mins of cardio in (to help toward step goal too). And on sundays i do a longer run - i started training running in august to do a 5k race in october. So i run 3 days a week - 1 outside and the other 2 at the gym for my cardio. the other gym days i incline walk.
I weigh everyyyyything i eat. Maybe sometimes ill do the lil nibble while cooking but i am very aware of it and the calories it takes - nothing that would fully take me out of a deficit.

Ans yet, for almost a month now, i am fluctuating between 65.7-64.7kg. ended august floating more in high to low 65's, then september 7th finally dropped to 64.7kg and i thought the 'whoosh' was finally happening but the last 3 days im back ti 64.9-65.2kg. IM SUPPOSED TO BE LOSING 2kg IN A MONTH!!!
I am in a 500-600kcal deficit (i eat 1400-1550kcals most days) that I fluctuate through the week to accomodate any weekend plans i cant get out of. I will say for a couple of weeks in here averaged out to 1700kcal bc of birthdays. but thats still a deficit! my maintenance should be around 2050-2100kcal. I have a good amount of muscle mass.

So now i feel like my timeline is getting ruined unless next week i suddenly lose a full 1kg or more.

Is it the new amount of running that is making me hold on to a lot of water??? I take creatine too but that's not new... I know weight sometimes stalls from water retention but for over 3 weeks??
Do i just keep being patient?

TLDR: I feel like i'm more consistently than ever doing everything right with calorie deficit and activity for 3-4 weeks but my weight isn't dropping accordingly. Is it normal? Has this happened to you and then it still whooshed? Because I have a tight timeline goal.

submitted by /u/seni-asks-111
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/1wcdsms/weightloss_plateau_when_im_more_locked_in_than/

Comments

Ads