Ads

Questions about caloric deficit and metabolism that I couldn’t find easily online

For context, I am 29M, 6’2” tall and 200 lbs. I’m trying to get in shape as I was always skinny growing up and the extra weight I’ve put on in my twenties is mostly body fat.

For the last year I’ve lived a mostly sedentary lifestyle as I WFH and just generally wasn’t that active. My daily caloric intake was inconsistent, ranging from 1800-2400 calories, with usually breakfast, some snacking, and a large dinner.

As of four weeks ago I’ve begun tracking my intake, weighing everything to the gram when cooking on a kitchen scale, and exercising. General recommendations have basically said to shoot for 2450 calories with specific macros while I’m also doing cardio daily, and resistance weight training 4-5 days a week. My macro goals are roughly 190P, 250C, and 75F if that context helps.

It feels high and, even when exercising regularly now, I struggle to consume enough calories to hit this goal. I’m unsure if my TDEE is consistent with expectations and if my previous lifestyle has affected my metabolism in any way. As of now, four weeks in, I haven’t lost any weight and am unsure if I’m doing things properly.

Any advice, even tangentially related, is welcome. Thanks.

submitted by /u/Active-Downtown
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/1wpo6hi/questions_about_caloric_deficit_and_metabolism/

Comments

Ads