Ads

Not Sure Which Scale to Believe

Hi,

I've been trying to lose weight this past year and so far, I've lost a minimum of 14kg since I started this January. But recently, I went to the hospital for some unrelated tests and I was pretty bothered to find out that my weight per their scale was 92kg. My clothes weren't particularly heavy (pockets emptied as well) and I only had a few cups of water/a donut shortly before so I'm not really sure if those could add so much weight to the scale.

For reference, my digital scale at home that I've been using placed me around 88-87kg which I was pretty proud of so this was pretty sobering. To double check, I used my sister's scale (non-digital) and it displayed around 90ish (but this was after I ate lunch for the day).

And I know digital scales can be a little off so I went and tried to reset it by taking the batteries out. When I checked my weight again, it started at around 90 for the first weighing but went around to 88 afterwards for all succeeding checks. I even grabbed a bottle that weighed around 1.5kg to check if the scale was still acting weird but it was consistent.

submitted by /u/Wyrmwaves
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/1w45e5k/not_sure_which_scale_to_believe/

Comments

Ads