Ads

I want to lose weight but I feel like im not educated enough

I gained around 15kg over the last 8 months due to sitting all day behind a desk. I recently got promoted to a desk job and basically I spend all my 8 hours sitting behind a desk while my previous job involved doing at least 6k steps a day.

I tried fitness a few times and I always give up. I absolutely despise the way I look right now and I want to lose some weight. I gained a lot around my stomach and legs and butt and I don’t fit into almost any of my jeans anymore.

Two years ago I lost a lot of weight in a few months and was really skinny (still had some belly fat tho).. I don’t know how it happened but a lot of stress and loss of appetite helped. I got into a relationship and we all know how that one goes.. i started gaining weight but nothing too crazy.. until I started a new job and you can definitely tell how much moving around meant.

My plan is to start slow as far as working out. I decided to cut sweets and snacks. Bought myself some muesli, greek yogurt and a bunch of other healthy things and I plan on really working on my diet. I don’t want to completely everything and barely eat anything, I’ll be miserable but just try to eat healthy everyday and be around 1500kcal a day.

I tried working out and it’s not really my thing so I plan on doing some running or walking a few times a week. Basically get moving. Maybe then later incorporate some exercises.

I really would like help. I want to educate myself on good diet and what do protein and carbs mean and actually do. How to keep the diet balanced, how does counting calories work.. Exercises and fitness ideas are also welcome.. Just some tips on how to actually start this and understand it.

I’d love book recs or videos. Basically anything to help me understand this whole process. Thanks!

submitted by /u/xtnts
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/1wgvkmu/i_want_to_lose_weight_but_i_feel_like_im_not/

Comments

Ads