I guess it’s vain to think this way, but for me, the desire for change came purely from vanity. I wanted to wear nicer clothes, feel prettier as myself or rather, have my perception of what I look like match reality.
The funny thing is, at my heaviest 97 kg, I didn’t think I looked that fat. But now, comparing myself to my intermediate result at 80 kg, anyone can clearly see the difference.
Currently, I’m around 76 kg, and my brain is tricking me into seeing myself as if I’m bigger than I was when the process first started. This is such a weird aspect of body dysmorphia that I wasn’t expecting to experience, because I genuinely don’t remember being the person in the first photo.
I’m sure I’m not alone in this experience, but right now, I genuinely feel like I don’t know what I look like. I’ve tried sharing this with my irl friends, but I’m the only one who has gone through such a drastic physical change. And to be honest, they haven’t said much maybe to spare my feelings. They just tell me that I’ve always been pretty and that I don’t need to be this harsh on myself. Can u guys relate to this experience?
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/1w8nddq/i_dont_know_what_i_actually_look_like_now/
Comments
Post a Comment