Ads

Could my maintenance be that low?

I've went from 170 to 160, doing much less than I am doing now. I was doing 1900 a day, then 1850, towards the end 1750 a day, but my steps as a result were quite low and i had no energy. I am back on the deficit after a summer, and ive only managed to go from 160 to 159 in a month - i go between 1700 and 1900 daily, but the average is 1850. my steps, however, average 17 k a day. I am 5'6, female. I weight lift three times a week heavy, and can move quite a lot of weight (hip thrust is 140 kg, leg press is 120, rdl is 70...) so I have muscle mass and should have a higher bmr. I don't understand, could my maintenance really be this low? My calculations say it would be 1967 a day off that average - I guess it's not horrible but I really did expect for someone as active as me to have a higher one - if so that's kinda terrible news lol because I exercise a lot and feel like I lose out on energy for exercising by eating this amount. Plus, 1967 is a really easy amount to go over when just living every day life without tracking, going to dinners with friends etc even though it's been literal years since I haven't chosen the "low cal option" every time I've gone out - does it just have to be like this forever?

submitted by /u/octopusgarden333
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/1ws89v0/could_my_maintenance_be_that_low/

Comments

Ads