Ads

Confused about how protein goal works

Hi everyone, I am a bit confused about how my protein needs work. So I saw online through Jeff Nippards video on body recomposition that if you are obese a good goal to aim for is 1.2g of protein per lb of lean body mass. I know this is unreliable but from online calculators my lean body mass is around 88lbs. So that leaves me with a protein goal of 105g.

Now I feel best when I just have two meals a day without any snacks as that's the most easiest on my mind to organise. So I was planning on having two meals with 50g of protein each and calling it a day. However I also saw online that there is a limit on how much protein the body can absorb in one go with it being around 30g of protein. I'm now worried that if thats true I wont be meeting my 100g of protein goal and the rest of the protein I eat will go to waste.

Does this mean I will have to eat more than twice a day? I'd like to really avoid that if I can but am willing to make a change if it's really necessary to hitting my protein needs. Sorry if this is a really dumb question.

submitted by /u/CrazyCorgi457
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/1w7vv0o/confused_about_how_protein_goal_works/

Comments

Ads