Ads

Telling people you've lost weight because of medication

(29/M/Height=172cm/SW=123.5Kg (1.1.26)/CW=101.5kg/GW=75kg)

Hello everyone.

I've started to face a somewhat strange problem because of weight loss. How exactly do you respond to people asking you about how you've lost weight when medication is involved? For context, I was 123.5kg at the beginning of the year and I'm now at 101.5kg. I've still got quite some weight to lose, but I'm noticeably smaller/fitter, so I've had remarks from people close to me as well as just acquaintances and security guards I see everyday at work.

For further context, I'm on Mounjaro 10mg, but beyond that, I've made significant changes to my lifestyle and diet (the Mounjaro does help with following meal prep plans closely).
Lifestyle wise, it's Zone-2 cardio 15 minutes/5 days a week with walking about 10k steps also 5-6 days a week, and pretty hard strength training 5x/w.

So when someone asks me about how I lost weight, I typically tell them about the diet and lifestyle changes and if it's someone who's a little more in the zone of familiarity, I tell them about Mounjaro. And I notice a change in their expression along the lines of "Aha! That must be it."

Now I do understand the GLP meds make substantial difference in weight loss, but it feels like people undermine the effort alongside the meds when I tell people about Mounjaro. I've lost weight a few years ago (on keto) but gained it back because I couldn't adhere to diet/lifestyle- common situation. And currently I'd say it's easier than before but certainly still quite demanding.

So I just wanted to check with others- how open are you with disclosure that you're on weight loss meds (for those who are), and what is your thought process? These days, I'm completely up front about it because I do want people to have realistic expectations with their own weight loss (if that is a goal of theirs and I know about it), and of course for authenticity; on the flip side that it appears people undermine everything else around it. There's a subtext of "You need to do nothing if you're on Mounjaro".

Thanks!

submitted by /u/InfernoKnightN
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/1vci8r9/telling_people_youve_lost_weight_because_of/

Comments

Ads