It makes me sad when I read about the dissatisfaction that many people still have with their bodies after losing a bunch of weight. Guys, you did your health a huge service! I hope you come to appreciate that.
Sure, I'm not at my goal yet, my body doesn't look perfect, probably it never will. I don't care, I love it anyway.
Just some of the NSV's I have been experiencing on my journey so far. I hope that it can motivate some of you guys
Mood and energy levels have vastly improved. At my highest weight I was in survival mode. I functioned for work but outside of that I didn't have a life. While still not entirely where I want to be it has improved a ton. I have much more drive and energy to be active and do stuff outside work.
My body feels much more capable in my day to day, that's thanks to the fat loss but also strength training consistently for almost 2 years.
My blood work has improved massively, LDL, triglycerides, hba1c, even my liver enzymes were elevated (probably non alcoholic fatty liver) and are back to normal.
Blood pressure is almost back to normal. Not 100% all the time but will get there hopefully.
I got rid of sleep apnea. I had a re-test without my CPAP this week and got told that I don't need it any longer. That's huge.
This one is more exercise related: I was able to substantially increase my bone mineral density from borderline osteopenic to normal - got peak bone mass at age 48!
I had an active lifestyle in my early 30s when I did lot of road biking. It was a happy time in my life. I was never super thin but healthy and energetic. During my long fat years I missed my old life. I was bitter. I thought my lack of energy was an aftereffect of a severe depressive episode, then I blamed it on getting older. Even the f*ing therapist normalized it as something age related that is just to be accepted. But seeing those active 70 olds who seemed to have so much more energy than myself, this felt so ridiculously wrong. I'm glad I didn't buy into this narrative forever and took my health into my own hands after hitting the ground, getting my life back.
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/1vcfyih/nsvs/
Comments
Post a Comment