Ads

Managing Deficit with Watch Tracking

24F, 176cm, 92kg

My Samsung Fit watch regularly estimates that I'm burning 400-600 calories at work through walking, but I have no idea how much I should be taking it at its word.

I have my fitness app listing me as sedentary, so Samsung can just add the calories burned right into my daily goals. But I've heard the watches tend to overestimate, and the fact that it even then keeps giving me so much is giving me pause.

But at the same time, I want to make sure I'm actually on a deficit, which is hard when that room for error feels big. Like, I know I probably shouldn't be eating back all the calories burned or risk going into maintenance. But going on too big of a deficit I know would lead to blowbacks. I recently got a new goal that's motivating me to speed up my weight loss, but I've pretty much been stuck in the 92-93kg range since. It makes me think I must have over or underestimated my deficit somehow now that I'm trying to be more meticulous.

Any advice? Is there just some general rule of thumb to apply to the numbers that's betted to stick to?

submitted by /u/Chespineapple
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/1vnzvzp/managing_deficit_with_watch_tracking/

Comments

Ads