Ads

I’m Losing Weight, But I Can’t See It

I want to start off by saying thank you to everyone who reached out and provided support and advice in my last post a few weeks ago ❤️.
For context, I (21M) am on a journey to lose approximately 125lbs in 18 months. I’m 3-and-a-half months in now, and I’ve already lost 30lbs in that time (2st, ~13kg).
My family has been complimenting me, and everyone is saying how different I look. But I seem to be the only one that doesn’t see it.
I’ve lost 30 pounds, and the only proof I have of that is that the number on the scale is moving down.
I thought that if I was ever lucky enough to lose this much so soon, I’d be able to see it; still a long way from my goal, but I’d see changes in the mirror. And I can’t see anything different. To be honest, I feel fatter now than I did at my heaviest weight back in April.
Unfortunately, I have body dysmorphic disorder, so I’m sure that’s not helping my problems here. But regardless, I thought I’d be able to see someone, even the slightest hint that my hard work is paying off. I don’t understand why I can’t see any progress. Body image issues aside, I was sure I’d see something by now and I haven’t. I can’t explain how demoralising this is, and it feels so lonely sometimes. This just isn’t where I thought I would be at this point in my journey and I feel totally lost.

I guess I’m rambling a bit now, so I’ll stop. But I hope that someone can help. Any advice and support is so appreciated, just please be gentle ❤️‍🩹

submitted by /u/ThatLondonTwink
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/1vjjt34/im_losing_weight_but_i_cant_see_it/

Comments

Ads