Ads

I’m completely lost with weight loss and I need some honest advice

honestly don’t even know where to start. I’ve been the “big girl” for as long as I can remember, and at this point in my life I feel so miserable and uncomfortable in my own body. I have a lot of belly, arm and back fat, and I constantly compare myself to other women and especially those TikTok girls who seem to have flat stomachs and lean, toned bodies.

I know social media isn’t always realistic, but I still desperately want to change how I look. I want to feel comfortable wearing clothes, taking pictures, looking in the mirror, and just existing without constantly thinking about my weight.

I’m 25F, 158cm and currently 76kg.

Since the beginning of August, I’ve been doing something that I know probably isn’t healthy, but I honestly don’t know what else to do. I’ve basically been eating every other day, and on the day I eat, I usually have just one shawarma (basically a beef wrap) and Cola Zero. That’s pretty much it.

I’ve also been sleeping as much as I can because I feel exhausted and mentally drained.

The weird thing is that after doing this for around 2 weeks, I barely feel hungry anymore. I don’t really crave food and I can go a long time without thinking about eating. But I’m not seeing the changes I expected. The scale doesn’t seem to be moving much and when I look in the mirror, I don’t notice any difference either.

That is making me even more frustrated because I feel like I’m starving myself for nothing.

I also feel too weak to exercise right now. I know people always say “just exercise,” but I genuinely don’t feel physically capable of doing much at the moment. I feel tired and lazy and have very little motivation.

I know the obvious answer is probably “eat more and exercise,” but I’m scared of increasing my calories because my main goal right now is to lose weight. I’m terrified that if I start eating more, I’ll gain even more weight.

I don’t necessarily want to become extremely skinny. I just want to lose the belly fat, arm fat and back fat and eventually have a leaner, more toned body. I want to lose around 15–20kg eventually, but I have no idea what a realistic timeline would be or what I should actually be doing.

I’m also wondering if I’ve completely messed up my metabolism by eating so little. Is that why I’m not seeing changes? Is it normal for the scale to stay the same for a couple of weeks? Am I just being impatient?

I’m not posting this because I want people to tell me that starving myself is okay. I actually want someone to be honest with me and tell me what I should do from here.

If you were in my position, what would you do?

• How many calories would you realistically eat? • How much protein should I aim for? • Do I need to exercise to lose the weight, or can I start with diet and add exercise later? • How do I lose fat without ending up with a lot of loose skin? • How long would it realistically take to lose 15–20kg? • What should I do if I genuinely don’t feel hungry anymore? • Should I see a doctor/dietitian before continuing what I’m doing? 

Please be kind. I already feel awful about myself and I’m genuinely lost. I’m not looking for a crash diet anymore I want to know how to actually get from where I am now to a healthier, leaner body without des

submitted by /u/Illustrious-Tough404
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/1vv4tdc/im_completely_lost_with_weight_loss_and_i_need/

Comments

Ads