Ads

I hear a lot about doctors telling patients to lose weight, has anyone ever had the opposite? (Doctor's telling them their weight is fine)

I'm slightly overweight, and definitely the biggest I've ever been in my life. 36F 5'7" 170lbs.

I was talking to my doctor about my ongoing struggle to lose weight (goal 145-155 depending on how I feel I look at said weights)

Anyway, my doctor said "you're perfect, bodies sometimes change in our 30s and this is just maybe where you're weight is settling"

That being said, i dont like the way I look, I have some other non-weight related health issues, so I think part of it might be that she doesn't want me stressing out over weight when I have more pressing concerns.

I just think it's odd since I always hear the opposite, doctors blaming everything on weight.

Her advice was to lift weights, watch my portions, and that losing weight is okay but not to stress over it. She said that medically speaking it's not necessary. (I've had full cholesterol and full cardio work ups recently along with a lot of other tests and specialists due to other health concerns). My heart, cholesterol, and hormones are all okay.

Any thoughts?

submitted by /u/Known-Ad-100
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/1w2aixl/i_hear_a_lot_about_doctors_telling_patients_to/

Comments

Ads