Hi everyone, I’m struggling to lose any weight at all and I’m not sure what to do at this point and I’d really appreciate the help. I’m looking for someone who might have been in my situation and that could recommend a medical professional (bonus points for someone in Barcelona) that could help me understand what is going on with me and how I can lose weight.
Background story: I very quickly gained about 20kg three years ago in about 3-4 months (after stoping the antidepressant I had taken for a few months, I’m not sure if this is related) and it has been impossible to lose that weight ever since. I’m a woman and I'm currently 36 and before gaining all that weight, my weight was stable for the past 10 years. I’ve tried many things to shred off the weight but nothing seems to be working.
Last year I did the AIP protocol and had an anti-inflammatory diet for four months. I didn’t eat any sugar, dairy, gluten, rice, eggs, alcohol, coffee, potatoes, nuts, etc. for months and while I felt that my inflammation went down, I only lost one kg in four months. For the past six months, I’ve been tracking my calories and my macros carefully to gain more data on my situation. I am weighing everything and using an app to track my food. I am eating between 1400 and 1600 calories a day. On rare occasions it can go up to 1800. I walk on average 8-10k steps a day (up to 16k on weekends) and I go to the gym 2-3x a week (I mainly do one class of cardio, one strength and one yoga). I have lost 1kg since starting this new routine, and I keep gaining it back and losing it again in a never-ending cycle. I am stuck at 88kg, with my heaviest being 3years ago at 92kg and I was weighing between 68 and 72kg for ten years prior to that.
I have food allergies so I mainly cook at home and since counting my calories I have reduced eating out (I think I eat out once every two weeks). Same with alcohol, I have significantly reduced my intake and I have a glass of wine every two weeks or so. I don’t drink soda, I don’t have binge eating episodes (I used to have those but I’ve managed to have it under control for a couple years or more now). A "typical" day for me would be:
- breakfast: coffee with milk (no sugar) + skyr with berries or oats with chia seeds and berries
- lunch: protein source (eggs, chicken or fish) with vegetables. I mainly do a huge batch of vegetables in the oven and eat them over the next couple days with different protein sources. Yogurt or fruit for dessert. Sometimes ONE biscuit for a sweet tooth moment.
- Snack: a piece of toast with ham or cottage cheese.
- Dinner: either two scrambled or boiled eggs, or sometimes just a piece of fruit.
I’ve even taken to making my own ice cream with frozen strawberries, almond milk and a small spoon of coconut sugar to survive the summer heat without eating heavy ice creams and avoid extra calories.
I have done a hormones check and everything is normal. I have no cortisol or thyroid issues, but I have been diagnosed with IBD and SIBO (years before gaining the weight) and I suspect I have lipoedema since my legs are (and always have been) comparatively bigger than the rest of my figure. I am at my wits end as to what to do, nothing short of eating under 800calories a day seems to have an effect on me. I’ve convinced myself that it is my fault and I’m not being “good” enough or “consistent” enough but I also strongly feel that there is something wrong with me and I need to sort it out. I honestly feel like my world is getting smaller as I try different things to sort this out. I've gone to multiple doctors and everyone is saying that everything is normal.
Has anyone been in this situation? How did you manage to make things move?
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/1vf294c/help_im_struggling_to_lose_any_weight_anyone_else/
Comments
Post a Comment