Hey friends,
I've been more active on here lately as the community is such huge motivation, and I'm seeing a lot of stories of people who fell back, got back on, yada yada
I am wondering, when your weight fluctuates a lot before weightloss, how do you determine your starting weight?
My example, that im struggling with:
I've been consistently around about 88-90kg for good 2 years. In the last few months since injury and not being able to do running or gym (things that kept me in the range), ive inflated to ~92, and then after some work trips and holiday to ~95. I kinda didn't want to believe it, and kept telling myself its the water weight from holiday, but it didn't go down.
Now that i decided to get serious about weigtloss, im having a weird starting weight paradox. Part of me still believes this extra 5kg is some temporary thing, that it should count to my starting weight, and i should count my pre injury baseline as starting weight (90kg). But the thing is, this 5kg was not in fact some temporary thing because its going down veeery slow, its definitely fat. I'm realy delusional and in a way i am sabotaging my own progress tracking. Losing 5kg would be a huge deal, but in my mind i just see it as getting to the baseline starting point.
Im sure im not the only one here going through it, so Id love to hear how you deal with this!
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/1vgxsnn/defining_starting_point_after_fluctuations/
Comments
Post a Comment