Ads

Any Beginner’s tips/advice?

Hello! I’m a 24F 5’6 woman who wants to lose weight. My relationship with food is complicated. I didn’t have access to food as much as I should’ve as a kid, which led to me only being able to eat at school lunches or friends’ houses. In high school I developed an eating disorder due to self esteem/depression and I would only eat once a day if at all before binging and hating it.

Then I went to college! Grew into myself, got confident, gained that freshman 20 and more with the very accessible food now at my fingertips with no one to stop me or take it away. I think this is where I stopped minding what I ate and just having the mentality of “I’m gonna eat what I want whenever I want since I couldn’t do that before”. I got chubby and didn’t mind it!

I never overeat or binge, but I don’t skimp and I eat a mix of home cooked meals and fast food (there have been times I’ve eaten McDonald’s almost everyday back to back, or eaten two entrees at a restaurant/after cooking because I was that hungry). Now, I’ve realized I’m not doing myself any favors with that. Now I work a 9-5 corporate job of sitting all day with little walking around, then I go home to sit and eat dinner/watch tv/chores before going to bed to do it all over again. I go out with friends in free time but I know that doesn’t really combat against my lack of movement during the week.

I currently weigh 250 lbs and ideally I want to lose 60-90 of that, enough for a more healthy weight. I’m willing to put the work in and I was told a reasonable goal is 2 lbs a week. Is there anything I should know or do for this journey? I plan on drinking more water, cutting back soda and fast food, smaller portions, using a treadmill for about 1-2 hours maybe 3-4x a week?

Does that sound reasonable for my goal? How long should I expect to do this? Is there anything I should know or do for this journey?

Sorry for the yapping, I really appreciate the help!

submitted by /u/cosmicdreams_
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/1vyosy1/any_beginners_tipsadvice/

Comments

Ads