Ads

Portion sizes confusion. How many ounces of food is right?

I grew up in severe poverty and now am obese. I have obese family and I was never taught how to eat well. Still my 15 year old son is normal weight but his 11 year old autistic(see BULLIED) brother is obese. I was being lazy and asked AI to come up with a week plan. I gave it all of our heights and weights and my husband and I's TDEE. I asked for it to come up with a meal plan and portions but it looks wrong?

Person Chicken Rice/Potato Vegetables
Woman 6 oz ½ cup Fill half the plate
Man 7 oz ½-¾ cup Fill half the plate
15-year-old 6 oz 1-1½ cups Plenty
11-year-old 4-5 oz ¾-1 cup Plenty

I tried being lazy and using AI to come up with a quick meal plan portions but I am shocked it is telling me because I asked if that is for raw or cooked and it said COOKED....okay but that would mean 1lb of raw meat does not feed four people which is what I thought we were supposed to eat.

I'm overwhelmed at work and with kids but I am 5'6 200lbs, husband is 5'8 230 and started medication, oldest is 5'8 and 160 and my youngest is 4'10 and 140lbs- yes 140 I feel like a failure to him. I just wanted portion. I met with a dietician but she was useless saying calories for my youngest does not matter just portions do so to do half a plate veggies and the rest meat and starch. I asked for ounces she wouldnt tell me.

Is AI wrong? Am I wrong? Why does this have to be so fucking hard I just want portion sizes to aim for so I know what to do for dinners no matter what I make and their lunchboxes. Their breakfasts will be protein heavy eggs which is what we usually do anyway.

submitted by /u/letsdothisthing88
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/1v7riia/portion_sizes_confusion_how_many_ounces_of_food/

Comments

Ads