Ads

Calorie deficit working or not?

I’ve never truly understood how deficits work. Over the last 4 years, my weight had fluctuated crazily. I had a baby in 2022 and months after I was 155lbs.
I was 130lbs before pregnancy, 175 after birth and 155 months later.
Since 2022, I’ve been 155, 165, 175, 180.
In Jan of 2024, i was 180lbs. I had left my job to become a full time mother and wasn’t as active so the weight gain was understandable. July 2024, i started getting outside and going for walks, dropped down to 159.
Winter came, stuck inside, went back up to 165.
As we are here now, July 2026, a lot has changed.
Any mothers know how toddlers are with food, how it’s nearly impossible to eat during the day so i decided not to and eventually I had completely lost my appetite and would only consume 500 cals a day at most but with 300 steps a day, maximum.
The comments came from family and friends of my weight and I’ve decided I’ve completely had enough of being joked about and laughed at about my weight. I’d looked into calorie deficits and downloaded a few apps and they all said the same thing.
1500 calories a day and exercise. It’s been difficult trying to get my body used to eating again but I’ve been doing that alongside walking 3-4 miles a day for the last 2 weeks.
The scale hasn’t moved. Everything fits the same. I don’t look or feel any different (besides now actually being hungry as I’ve begun to get used to eating again)
Am i doing something wrong?? I know it takes time and patience but i feel like me eating now is making everything worse and im so uncomfortable in my own body. I feel like everything im doing is now going the opposite of how i want it to go. The apps say I’ll be 147lbs by September but how can that be if im eating MORE than im used to and also walking 4 miles a day. I just can’t seem to understand how this works.
If it helps, im 5”2.

submitted by /u/Appropriate-Pay737
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/1v53yt8/calorie_deficit_working_or_not/

Comments

Ads