Edit: I'm 28F 172.8 pounds, about 5'4"
He is 27M, no clue how much he weighs but over 300, 6'2"
Both my partner and I are overweight. We eat crap food, don't exercise, and just steadily seem to continue bad habits. I'm just so frustrated. There is always some excuse or another, usually from me.
First thing I did was throw out the majority of the kit kat Christmas cabin thing we made. I ordered it to be Christmassy, but it's too much for two people to eat. It had 6 chocolate kit kats, 6 white chocolate kit kats, icing, smarties, and sprinkles. I looked up the nutrition information and gave myself a wake up call. If we really did eat all that over the next few days, it would be an extra 1314 calories each - calories we don't need and have no nutritional value. I also know that because it is there, my partner will eat it. I felt terrible wasting food, but I needed to get rid of it. Remove temptation. I did keep one kit kat bar for each of us, because I do believe in moderation. We can still eat crap, but 90% of what we eat should be good for us.
I am sick with either bronchitis or covid (waiting on the test), so I am giving myself some grace for lack of exercise, but we really need to change our eating habits. Even with this stupid illness, reasonably I can be doing low-impact exercise that won't be too difficult on my breathing. A walk in the fresh air might even help, even with it being winter in Canada and already freezing.
Any advice about getting started, especially about losing weight and getting healthier as a couple?
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/rm1jp8/i_have_had_enough_we_start_today/
Comments
Post a Comment