Hey all. I have come here to say I've had enough being obese!
Background: I am in my mid twenties, about 5 and a half feet in height, and 255 lbs last time I stepped on the scale. When I was in high school, at the same height, I weighed 145 lbs and nearly had a six pack.
What happened? Well, growing up I switched schools and started to emotionally eat to cope with some bullying I was going through. However, early in high school I decided I had had enough, lost 50 lbs, and joined a sports team. I became obsessed with the body builder diet. I counted calories to the gram of boneless skinless chicken breast, and would add and subtract food on the scale to get it perfect. After losing the weight, I was all of the sudden very popular amongst my peers.
Then I started dating this girl. We were both on the same sports team. Whereas I was eating healthy with extreme attention to detail, she would eat whatever she wanted. As we spent our lives together, I started eating more unhealthily again just by being around her. Also, it didn't help that our relationship was plagued by toxic co-dependency. This led to a bad breakup during my last year in high school, which is the exact moment I hit the gas pedal on my poor eating habits.
I went through college depressed, stuffing fast food in my face to cope. I got a job a delivery driver where the access to terrible food was plentiful. I got up to 285 lbs (a weight gain of 140 lbs). I also was smoking a ton of weed, which didn't help my cravings at all. I went from being fit and mobile to slow and always in chronic pain.
After college, I decided to give a better effort to losing weight. I would have some success and lose 20-30 lbs, but then I would get carefree and eat poorly because "one day of bad eating won't ruin all this progress". One day would turn into two days before I would fall off my whole routine and be right back where I started. To help my progress, I quit smoking weed so that I wouldn't have cravings and have more motivation in general. It's helped my motivation, but the cravings for crap are still here.
Last month, I had an experience with a friend that I had feelings for at a social event where I got de facto rejected. It made me super depressed, so I started eating 1,200 calories a day and working out 45 minutes a day. I knew it wasn't sustainable, but I told myself that I am not changing that caloric deficit until I am 145 lbs again. Well, that lasted about three weeks until I fell off. I got rid of all my progress in a month's time.
I am now sitting here after eating an atrociously greasy and disgusting fast food meal last night. Every night I tell myself that tomorrow's gonna be the day I actually start, and it never happens. I am at a loss of how to approach this anymore. I know it's the holidays and it isn't exactly the best time to be eating healthy (I have a meal on Christmas day to attend). I am just anxious to lose this weight because I don't want to lose my twenties to being overweight. I also want to get rid of the chance of developing preventable health problems, which are starting to develop. I feel so dumb for not taking care of this sooner, but my addiction to crap food has kept me from making any real progress.
My plan is to continue my 45 minute a day workout with one off day a week. I was doing a 30 minute walk run and 15 minutes of strength training. I think it was a fairly balanced simple work out that was working. But I am upping my calories to about 1,700 a day. The problem is I haven't started, and don't know what it is going to take for me to actually do this.
If anyone had tips, tricks, advice on how to start and stick with a routine, I would really appreciate the help. I feel like I can't do this alone because I've tried so many times to get on the road back to my old athletic body, and I can't seem to make any headway. I miss being fit.
Thanks for reading.
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/rm4ntd/alright_ive_had_enough_of_my_weight_how_do_i_do/
Comments
Post a Comment