...I used to have that mindset, too. Although they may be a waste of calories vs. taste, and you may need to eat smaller portions of them, the health benefits of small portions of them can make us feel good. It can be an instinct to avoid high-calorie foods (unless they taste good, hahaha), but that can backfire for some of us.
If cutting out nuts or olive oil works well for you, go for it! However, wanting to “spend” your calories on things that taste better hasn’t worked as well for me. I wonder if anyone finds it to be the same way?
Although I’m not a vegetarian, I do think that I eat too many animal products on days when I don’t eat nuts, hummus, or other high-calorie plant foods.
Edit: for people with certain health needs, some of them might literally be unhealthy even in small portions. Listen to your doctor.
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/r3i9sj/i_see_posts_here_saying_that_highcalorie_plant/
Comments
Post a Comment