Ads

The last 20 pounds are the hardest

Anyone else feel this? I have lost 125 pounds from my highest weight--I'm about 190 pounds currently and my goal weight is 170. I've been overweight my entire life and I've never, ever been so close to a healthy BMI. But now that it's in sight, it is making me crazy! Before in my journey a healthy BMI seemed so far out of reach that it was pointless to even think realistically about getting there and I was content just being smaller than I was before. But now a healthy BMI does seem like it could actually be a reality and so it's making me feel like losing this last 20 pounds is at the same time so trivial compared to what I've done before and yet as overwhelming to tackle as the first 125! Instead of being happy with my progress, as I always was in the past, I'm just angry with myself for not being at my goal yet since it's *just* 20 pounds! This feeling reminds me a little bit of turning 20 years old--in the years before then, I didn't think much about turning 21 because it seemed so far off in the future. But then I turned 20 and oh my god that was the loooooongest most frustrating year waiting to turn 21.

People who have lost a significant amount of weight and are now at a healthy BMI, how did you get through those last 20 pounds--diet-wise AND mentally?

submitted by /u/granolatarian0317
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/qidzmv/the_last_20_pounds_are_the_hardest/

Comments

Ads