How to tell off family members who keep bringing up your diet in conversations and shame you all the time.
It has happened before and goes down badly with me. I am visiting my grandparents tomorrow and its making me anxious from now on. They are very loving and caring but they are unreasonable about food and weight. They shudder at my slightest drop in weight, even while I have been obese for over 3 years now with a string of trials, beginning anew and failure and starting over again. It sucks so bad. My mother is also aways pissed about my diet, she is herself obese and is one of those Asian parents who think shaming their kids is the only way of communication. My father is the only fit one in the family and gives me some hope. I just don't like it when I have a set plan in mind and it gets interrupted with emotional blackmails, microaggressions.
I remember last time when i was at a wedding and literally everyone was complementing how gorgeous I looked and my body transformation. My grandmother and mother kept mindlessly rambling about my "extreme" diet and exercise and such nonstop. I had to run back to my car and had a complete breakdown. They are horribly informed about science and nutrition. I am just so fed up. Yet I have to live with it until I am independent.
I have been battling an all or nothing mindset but my stupid family does not help either. I have ended up binging to deal with my frustration. And I don't want to repeat that again. My grandparents are so nagging. Even though I wanted to cut out refined sugar, my grandpa bought chocolate today and I ate it, challenging myself to not go in an eating disorder obsessive way. I maintained my diet throughout.
I just wish there was someone to support me on my journey. Self control is what i am cultivating but too much of extraneous triggers bog me down. I don't want to be sneaking around near my meals or be ashamed to eat my portions. My mom and her family are obese, my grandpa has diabetes. Why can't they let me fucking be.
I will not give up on myself. I don't want to be rude but my previous experiences have made me stay on guard all the time. I feel like if i talk in a regular tone, they'd start with their bullshit again.
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/qifub4/how_to_tell_off_family_members_who_keep_bringing/
Comments
Post a Comment