Ads

It's going to be the first summer when I'm not ashamed to take my shirt off on the beach! [With Progres Pics]

Throughout my life, I was always on the chubby side. I didn’t care about my looks and physical performance.

And then I started attending high school. My weight got way worse.

I hit my heaviest which was 84 kg (185 pounds) while i’m 170 cm (5’7).

It seemed to me like I was thought of as „the fat guy”. It was the only thing that was noticed about me. I once overheard the conversation of two girls from my year talking about me calling me really hurtful names.

I was also the slowest runner, the least explosive and generaly least fit person in my class so PE classes were tough for me. I was always the last on the finish line, I was always the last pick.

​

I didn't like my body nor my looks. I didn't like seeing photos of me nor looking in the mirror.

​

One day I decided to change it all.

​

That's what I looked like on DAY 1 (December 2016): https://i.imgur.com/9y9AgmP.jpg

​

I got into basketball.

I started training basketball by myself 4 times a week.

I also started running 3-4 times a week.

​

I started by running 1km and I kept gradually building the distance up until I could run 5, 10 and finally 15km.

​

In 4 months I managed to lose 20 kg (45 pounds)

Unfortunately, I had no idea about nutrition nor about fitness.

I was doing WAY TO MUCH CARDIO wasn't doing ANY STRENGH TRAINING so I got SKINNY FAT PHYSIQUE.

I was looking fine when I had my shirt on me, but when it came off it was awful.

People were complimenting my progress, but I wasn't happy with it at all.

​

That's what I looked like 4 MONTHS IN (April 2016): https://i.imgur.com/Gv2UtVU.jpg

​

I got discouraged by my looks so I regained some of my weight (about 8 kg, about 17 pounds).

That's what I looked like after I regained some weight (January 2017): https://i.imgur.com/zFWAh8w.png

​

It was then when I got really interested in Martial Arts thanks to Joe Rogan's Podcast.

Joe inspired me so much to keep on training.

His podcast is a great source of motivation for me up to this day.

He got me interested in health, nutrition and martial arts.

I got really into MMA.

I was all about researching fighters' meal plans, workout plans and all of that.

​

I started training MMA.

My workout plan looks similar to this:

- Boxing/kickboxing/muai thai once a week

- BJJ once a week

- FBW twice a week

- Cardio 2 times a week

- Stretching everyday

​

That's what I look like now: https://i.imgur.com/4Ulso01.png

I weight about 66 kg (145 pounds) and I'm 170 cm (5'7)

​

As You can see, I got leaner, more muscular and I even got some early form of 6pack going on haha.

​

It's going to be the first summer when I'm not ashamed to take my shirt off in public!

I'm so happy and proud of myself!

I hope I was able to inspire some of You to keep on going!

Cheers!

submitted by /u/Nervedful
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/b7orf0/its_going_to_be_the_first_summer_when_im_not/

Comments

Ads